The Care Guide
All PURPOSE Jewelry is handmade with materials such as brass, silver, rhodium plating and gold plating. In order to maximize the life of your jewelry, we recommend the following care instructions to care for your brass, silver and plated jewelry:
- Use a polishing cloth to clean your jewelry.
- Apply perfume, hairspray or deodorant before wearing your jewelry as certain chemicals may damage the finish.
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or using abrasive cleaners.
- If your jewelry requires further cleaning, use mild soap, water and a soft cloth. Rinse with clean water and pat dry.
- Make sure your jewelry is completely dry before storing.
- To avoid black markings either on your skin or the jewelry, be sure to clean your items regularly.
Our premier jewelry is 14k gold plated, rhodium plated and sterling silver plated. These metals will not oxidize or discolor with proper care.
What is plated jewelry?
Plated jewelry contains a brass base with the outer layer being either sterling silver, rhodium, or 14k gold - making it an affordable option to every fine jewelry lover. Plated silver jewelry is identical to a piece that would be entirely made up of a precious metal but does require more care to protect the piece from tarnishing. Refer back to the above care guide to know how to best protect and care for your plated piece.
What is brass jewelry?
Brass Jewelry is an alloy that includes two metals - copper and zinc. It has a warm, and beautiful golden tone that looks almost identical to gold. Brass is the perfect affordable option for jewelry lovers.
The Happiness Guarantee: We want you to be completely satisfied with your PURPOSE Jewelry purchase. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more questions about your jewelry.
Our PURPOSE team is here to help you with styling tips or any product questions.
Office Phone: 1 (949) 752-7788